Saturday 14 January 2012

Home at last?????

I have realised that I am slightly neurotic regarding Georgia's lung disease.  I mean, it's getting quite unhealthy, not just for me but her as well.

I freak out about people kissing her.  I actually hold my breath when people get too close.  All the possible germs that they could be breathing all over her.  I have found that I am keeping my distance from her a bit too. 

We have all been so ill over the last few months, I am petrified of giving her anything more to battle.

I know I am going to have to get over myself.  It's just not good for her to be kept away from life in general. 

It's really hard though.  I see other people interacting with their children with no worries about transferring germs and I am slightly envious of them. 

I am writing about it to try and talk myself into stop being so protective, for Georgia's sake.

The other thing I have noticed recently is a bit worrying.  My hair is falling out.  I mean, I have really thick hair so I do usually shed more than the average person but this is getting bad.  Every time I brush my hair, the brush is thick with it.  I was not really worrying about it until I had dream that I was completely bald!  Perhaps it was my subconscious telling me to worry.  To be honest, I could probably do with losing a bit of hair, saves on hairdresser bills.  Maybe I should just start investing in some really funky hats.

Anyway, back to Southampton hospital and what happened post surgery with Georgia.

The second day after surgery, the ENT doctor and respiratory consultant came in to see us.  They decided that we could go home!

We were amazed, I had convinced myself we would be there for the full 2 weeks IV's. 

Rob and I wouldn't believe it until we had got out of the hospital with her though. 

At 2pm, the nurse came and gave Georgia her last lot of IV's and took out the cannula.  After the nurse had taken it out she asked Georgia if that was better.  Georgia replied one word that summed it up completely.  Happy.

So we packed up the room in 5 mins, as fast as we possibly could.  I think we still expected someone to come in and stop us leaving.

As we walked out of the ward they were having a carol service in the reception room for all the poorly children so we stopped to listen for a minute.  It was so lovely, it felt like christmas could finally start for us. 

It was all going so well.  We all bundled into the freezing cold icy car.  I put the heating on full blast to warm it up, then turned the ignition.  The car wouldn't start.  Great.

No comments:

Post a Comment