Friday 15 June 2012

Happy heart day!

Wow, it has been 2 years since we handed over our baby to be 'fixed'.  It has flown by.  To look at her now, you would never know.  Well, unless she shows you her chest and tummy!  The scars are just faded lines now though.  Even her little angel kiss drain scars are white silvery lines now. 

I never get sad about what she has been through anymore.  I am just so proud of her.  I often trace those tiny scars with my finger and smile.  She has overcome so much and has left all that pain behind.  I wish I could say it was that easy for me, the pain followed me around like a big black balloon tied to my wrist.  Every time I thought I had severed the string something would trigger a memory and there it was again, constantly bobbing over my head.  Who would have known that all I had to do was take up my time with something else???  I have gone back to work and it is the best therapy. I no longer sit wondering 'what if......'.  I am pro active and enjoy what I do.  I also get the best of both worlds as both Josh and Georgia are so happy to see me!

Obviously Georgia's heart is still 'poorly', but it always will be to a certain extent.  All heart parents know that their children will never be completely 'fixed'.  Her heart is doing well though, we don't need to go back for a check up until November, which is the longest amount of time we have gone between appointments!  We do still need to go for her respiratory appointments but even that seems to be great at the moment. Since getting a trampoline and teaching Georgia how to bounce, her breathing is great.  I hope I haven't spoken to soon!

So as you can see, I have finally accepted the lung disease.  I know I can't change it.  We just need to manage it for her and hope that we are doing it well.  It wont be too long and she can take charge of her physio (with us overseeing, obviously) which will be easier.

I would never have imagined that one of our children would be born with so many problems but I also would never have imagined that she would be so strong. 

Happy heart day my beautiful girl. x x

No comments:

Post a Comment