Thursday 14 July 2011

Happy home?

The day Georgia came home was a mix of emotions.  I was happy she was home and we didn't have to keep juggling our lives.  I was scared that I was going to do something wrong and not look after her properly.  I was worried that I wouldn't notice when something was wrong.

Sometimes life gets in the way of everything else.

2 weeks later Georgia, being the little monkey she is, pulled out her feeding tube.  That's the thing with her, she will only do things when she is ready, you can't force her.  I made the decision there and then.  I was going to leave the tube out and see if she got hungry enough to eat.  I know that is a quite harsh way to do it, but if I didn't then she would depend on the tube forever.

All day I tried her with a bottle.  All day she refused.  I started to doubt myself by the evening.  I was planning to try her one last time, if it didn't work then it was another trip up to the hospital. 

I packed a bag for her.  With a baby you take so much with you everywhere you go, with a heart baby you take everything bar the kitchen sink!  While I packed it, Rob tried her with a bottle again.  She drank it. 

Sometimes I need to just give in and let Rob do it.  It's not that Georgia prefers him, it's the fact that I had tried all day, and every time I got more and more stressed.  She could feel it.

So there you have it, again she does things in her own time. 

From September to December, life felt almost normal.  Georgia was still getting chest infections every 2 weeks and we still had the odd trip up to the hospital with her, but it was as if everything had slowed down.  It was not so out of control.

On Christmas eve, we received our repossession court order.  The bad times were not over yet.

We had done nothing but worry about the house and our debts, all of which we incurred when Georgi was ill. 

Rob and I were declared bankrupt on the 26th Jan 2011.  Our mortgage was to be included in it. 

We had to vacate our house on the 15th March 2011. 

Now we were homeless. 

No comments:

Post a Comment