Monday 14 November 2011

Who do we love?.........

...........Peppa Pig!


Huge, monumental breakthrough! 

I gave her physio, she didn't cry!  Not even a whimper!

I am so chuffing happy about this that I am grinning.  I know it is only a small thing, and tomorrow we will probably be back to screaming again, for now I am happy.

So I decided to take her unawares.  She was happily sitting watching Peppa Pig, WHAM, stuck the mask on her face.  She tensed slightly, then just sat back and relaxed.  All the while pushing the air out with every breath, making her lungs stronger. 

Is that just the most beautiful thing you ever heard?.........Probably not.  But it is for me!

A massive breakthrough.  I feel like a weight has been lifted. 

Now I am a little scared that tomorrow this may not happen.  We will have to do exactly the same sequence of events.

All squeamish people, read NO further.

I know that the physio and antibiotics are working though as the amount of gunk coming off her chest is amazing.  It sounds like there is only one drummer in there now, as apposed to thousands!

Story of the day:  Josh wanted to pinch a bit of toast from Georgia's plate earlier and as he went to grab it she sneezed on it.  It put him right off.  Am sure there is a moral in there somewhere!

Before I go, I would like to send love to Gemma (lungsbehavingbadly), and thank her for her advice and support.  You truly can relate to today!

1 comment:

  1. Woohoo for peppa pig! (it's a fav of sophs too) I'm so pleased you've had a breakthrough. Now she's had an experience where she saw she wasn't going to get hurt, it should be a great step in the right direction. I remember us trying to get soph used to her neb, it was horrendous for months and then it all just clicked one day. I guess growing up helps :)

    And great news on the gunk shift! Not many understand how satisfying it is :D

    Lol for the toast incident, she's no daft little girl, daddy is going be kept on his toes there.

    Thank you :) always here to help in any way, whether it be advice or a bendy ear!

    Xxx

    ReplyDelete